Sunday, January 17, 2010




I love all the pretty details in this old house. You can't find these things anymore. I haven't even moved boxes in yet, and this house feels like a home. I can't wait to bring in all my old chipped furniture and antiques. They are going to be perfect in this house. Like they were always meant to be here. And after a year in storage, I am ready to see everything again


This is the front living room to our new house. It is pretty much a blank canvas. Once our boxes are unpacked, I will have plenty of options for decorating, and will likely be seeking lots of help. I can't wait to be able to light a fire in the fireplace and lounge around with the family.
For now, the previous owner converted the original wood burning fireplace into a gas fireplace. We will be doing some maintenance and getting the fireplace back to wood burning. We also want to remove the 70s stone that is currently covering the fireplace, and cover it with brick and a cute mantle.

I love the possibility.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to come over and have a cup of coffee in front of that fire place, and play with my babes. What an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new house looks so cute! I love the houses along Harrison because they don't all look like each other.

    ReplyDelete