Wednesday, March 23, 2011


So, it's official. I am committing to paying the excruciating amount of money it will cost to have my antique couch and chair set re-done. I have grown just a little tired of having 4 couches in my living room. So Rocky Mountain Upholstery picks up the antique set on Friday, and I am posting the other set on KSL this weekend for 600 bucks. I will used the 600 to find my dear husband a nice, neutral, traditional, Pottery Barn-esque sectional.



I heart this french chair (above) from Miss Mustard Seed Creations http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/2010/12/french-chair-makeover.html
It was my main inspiration for how using drop cloths to re-upholster something, can make a piece turn out looking awesome, without spending alot.

I heart Cotton Love Home. Find it here http://shop.cottonlove.com.au/onlinestore.php. The chair above is SEXY-if a chair can be such a thing. I told the upholsterer that I wanted him to saw off the legs of my antique couch and chair, and reattach ones that look exactly like these. He thinks I am crazy.




This couch is a finished product from Rocky Mountain Upholstery in Utah. I think it's turned out awesome- I hope mine does too when they are finished with it. It better seeing as it is costing more than my first born to have re-done!

No comments:

Post a Comment