Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Closing Day... Again

My realtor called this morning.
Our closing date is this Thursday at eleven a.m.
This could not have come at a worse time. Tyson is out of town this week, so even if we could move into the house after we close, we can't
because I have no muscle to help me.
So goes life I guess.

In the meantime,
I am creating a budget for beginning renovations.
after making a down payment on the house, we will have a little under 3,000 dollars for renovation.

The bathroom will be the first project, because it is simply un-useable in the state it is in.

Home Depot pricing:

New Toilet: 130$
New Vanity (found on KSL): 375$
Tile for the whole bathroom: 120$
New tub: 300$
New fixtures: 75$

Grand Total: 1000$

That leaves a little over 1700 dollars to renovate the hideous kitchen.
Stay tuned for next week, when we are finally in the house, and I show you some pictures of the terrifying before state of this house.

2 comments:

  1. how much muscle do you need? and CONGRATS on getting the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Well, seeing as I have literally not even started packing, I think I am going to need quite alot.

    ReplyDelete