Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Long time no see! We have been actively renovating and moving over the last two months or so, and here it is. Finally, the big reveal of our 1950s brick cottage.


The floors in our living room were stripped and refinished. Look how amazing they look after 50 years!
Here is the master bedroom complete with my "cloud" bed. I plan to keep with a white color scheme in this room to keep things looking heavenly.


This is the newly completed closet size bathroom. By the way, who knew that faucets would cost an arm and a leg??


Our beautiful tile work made of travertine with glass accent tiles.




This is the pantry in our new kitchen. We got the cabinets from lowes, painted them white and smeared a brown glaze over them. Delicious.



Here is the new kitchen nook. The art is my fav, I have been wanting this painting for a very long time, and now here it is in my first kitchen!






The kitchen cabinets are made of knotty alder and distressed in the same way that we did the pantry. I love love love these cabinets. But they were also painfully expensive. SO, no granite counter tops for us. The Formica is called ebony mocha, I was drawn to it because the name sounded like coffee, and you know how much I worship coffee.



This is my favorite part of the kitchen. I love the staggered cabinets and I love my new oven.
There is lots more to do around here. The new dishwasher comes on Wednesday. I am so excited after doing dishes by hand for two months.
I am going into full hunting and decorating mode, and will be dragging you along with me whenever I can.
Love,
Kristin






1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I just came across this. Would you mind telling me what you did if anything to prep your knotty alder cabinets for painting? Some fill in the knots and cracks and I dont really know if that's necessary if you are going to paint and then glaze. Any assistance would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete