Thursday, October 28, 2010

I have been gone A While

I'll be the first to admit.
I had some serious aspirations for this blog.
When we started out renovating this house, and doing this blog, I was all full of optimism about what both could become. I had visions of those gorgeous shabby chic houses you see on every other blog site out there.
Then reality set in.
I haven't posted in months because I am burnt out, and totally over this house.
Literally everything that could have been wrong with this house was. We ripped the entire inside down to the studs out of necessity and started over again- strained our budget until there is literally nothing left- and still have an entire basement left to finish.
It snowed yesterday- and we have no furnace. Not even any heat ducting to blow hot air anywhere even if we did have the furnace.
So, here we sit, in sweatshirts and sweats, hovering over space-heaters.
And I am feeling crabby.
No new pictures to offer, no pretty nick-nacks, because I can't even afford to buy drapes, badly needed dressers, or a single rug at this point.
No new entries, because my life is not a vacation, and I have to work. All day. Every day.
Maybe, at some point,
I will get over this Edgar Allen Poe moment I am having
and write a happier post.
:)

3 comments:

  1. Honey, what happened?! And what can we do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hugs. i hope you get feeling better. things will look up soon....and be careful with those space heaters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to borrow a few more space heaters, let me know. I have been in the same place renovating this old house, it is part of the process. Keep hold of that shabby chic vision, you will get there!

    ReplyDelete